SHADYBOWL SPEEDWAY 2018 HOBBY STOCKS RULES
IT IS UP TO YOU AS A DRIVER OR CAR OWNER TO FOLLOW THESE RULES AND COMPLY WITH THEM AT ALL TIMES AS WE (SHADYBOWL SPEEDWAY) RESERVE THE RIGHT TO TECH ANY CAR AT ANY TIME ON THE PREMISES. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN PENALTIES/DISQUALIFICATIONS/LOSS OF POINTS AND MONEY. IF SOMETHING IS NOT LISTED HERE IN THE RULES DOES NOT MEAN IT'S LEGAL. INSPECTION EQUIPMENT USED BY AN OFFICIAL WILL BE THE STANDARD OF THE RACE TRACK AND ALL TESTS WILL BE FINAL. ALTERING OF A MANUFACTURING PART NUMBER WILL NOT BE PERMITTED. ANY PART FOUND WITH ALTERED PART NUMBERS WILL BE DISALLOWED IN COMPETITION. (EXAMPLE: SPRINGS AND SHOCKS MUST MAINTAIN ORIGINAL COLOR BY MANUFACTURER, CAN NOT REPAINT ANY SPRINGS OR SHOCKS.)
1. Any RWD 1955 – Present American made full frame cars. No convertibles, no uni-body cars.
1. Minimum wheelbase 108" Maximum 116".
1. 3100 minimum weight after race with driver. NO tolerance on weight.
2. Maximum left side weight 58%
3. Track width maximum 78 inches, measured outside of tire at spindle height.
1. No part of frame will be lower than 4" to ground.(this means bottom of center cross member also)
2. For rust and damage purposes, also safety of fuel cell mounting and rear bumper mounting, rear frame can be cut off after center line of rear housing towards rear and replaced with square tubing at oem heights.
ROLL CAGE AND SEAT
1. 4-point roll cage with front and rear loops.
2-point in front of driver. 2-point behind driver.
2. Must be welded to parameter frame.
3. Roll bars must be 1 3/4" od with .095 thickness.
4. All cars must have door plates welded in driver side door bars.
5. Cage must be welded in a professional manor and is subject to approval by tech official.
6. Aluminum racing seat mandatory (full containment seat highly recommended if driver is over 18 years of age). For drivers under 18 years of age full containment seat and Hans device or equivalent is mandatory. Seat shall be positively and securely mounted to roll cage.
1. All suspension parts must remain oem stock for make and model. (Aftermarket springs permitted. Adjustable cups permitted.)
2. Front wheels may be cambered: maximum 5 degrees.
3. No altering spindles, upper and lower A-frames, 1 1/4 inch maximum sway bar (must be oem for car, no aftermarket allowed)( passenger side sway bar link can be made of full threaded rod for minor adjustments) , draglink, tie rods-oem parts only. Upper and lower A-frames and spindles must be the same on both sides and match make and model of car.
4. Shocks must be oem, Gabriel or Monroe Matic ONLY. (OEM PART #'S FOR YOUR CAR WILL APPLY
No shocks using air/electric/self-leveling devices or springs allowed.
5. Shocks must be mounted in stock oem location in stock mounts.
6. Springs must be mounted in oem stock factory locations. No wedge bolts, (Adjustable cups permitted) no variable rate springs, no chasis limiting devices of any kind, no bump stops, (factory rubber stops will need removed) All suspension parts must be steel oem and stock. (exception aftermarket steel springs) MAXIMUM 1 SPRING RUBBER PER SPRING
1. Stock rearend for make and model or Ford 9" (permitted), drum brakes only for any make of rear end, can be locked with spool, no lockers, no true tracks, no gleasons, no gold track, no posi units of any make, oem or aftermarket.
2. Oem stock trailing arms. Upper and lower stock oem length only, non- adjustable. Oem factory bushings only. Oem style mounts only. Rear trailing arm mounts oem or similar, No adjusting holes, must be in stock location. (one (1) mounting hole in the front mount, one (1) mounting hole in the rear mount.)
3. Wedge bolts or adjustable cups are permitted in rear only. ( aftermarket steel springs permitted) Shocks must remain in factory location.
4. Leaf spring cars. Leaf springs must be in stock mounts in stock locations. (adjustable shackles permitted) No lowering blocks. Must all be oem factory steel springs only.
5. No chassis limiting devices of any kind. No bump stops. (factory rubber stops will need removed)
1. Oem steel drums, oem steel calipers only.
2. All 4 brakes must be in working order. Complete system must be oem stock and steel.
3. Racing brake pedal with single master cylinder permitted. No brake bias adjustments permitted.
1. All doors must be welded shut. Headlights and taillights must be removed and covered. All glass must be removed. Windshields must be lexan or equivalent.
2. Interior must be free from debris and flammable materials.
3. All outer body panels must remain oem stock steel. If damaged, can be replaced with magnetic steel formed to be stock appearing. (Any fender, door, quarter panel must have factory oem top 4 inches down if replaced)
4. All doors, roof, trunk, front fenders, rear quarter panels, hood must remain intact can be gutted. (not required)
5. Trunk floor may be removed for fuel cell mounting.
6. Front firewall must remain intact and oem to body, floor board must be stock oem from front to rear firewall, rear firewall must be inclosed with sheet metal. No other decking allowed.
7. No part of body will be lower than 4" to the ground.
1. Bumpers must be stock oem for make and model. No extra bracing, no push bars front or rear. Steel bumpers must have ends cut and blended to fenders and quarter panels with flatsteel.
2. Plastic bumpers (OR AFTERMARKET BUMPER COVERS) can have no extra bracing and most ends must be hooked to fenders and quarter panels.
3. No spoilers, scoops, or ground effects either stock or aftermarket are not allowed.
4. Numbers must be 18" tall on both doors and on top with number readable from outside of track. Car number in upper right hand corner of windshield at least 6" in height.
1. Must be same as corporate manufacture. GM to GM, Ford to Ford. (Must be located in stock position with stock or steel mounts, can be raised for oil pan clearance) Block and heads must be cast iron, NO aluminum.
2. Engines must be stock. No RV or oversized cams (smooth idle). Vacuum 17-22”, in neutral 800 r.p.m. maximum. Working hydraulic lifters, no lash, no engine rattle, no aftermarket heads.
3. No aftermarket racing rockers, (oem stamped steel roller rockers permitted) rods, pistons, (must be oem factory, no made for racing). Engines may be subject to be tore down if track feels this rule has been violated.
4. EXHAUST: Manifolds – factory OEM that came on car, no porting, polishing or cutting. Must retain factory stock exhaust flange. No Corvette, new style truck or headers of any kind. No larger than 2 1/2” exhaust pipe may be used. Pipes must exit behind drivers seat. No flex pipe. No X or H pipes allowed.
5. INTAKE: Stock cast iron permitted or aftermarket aluminum intake or oem factory aluminum intake only. No porting, polishing or cutting. No Bowtie or marine high rise permitted. No air gaps, No victor juniors. Intakes may have 1/2 inch high (maximum) carb flange on intake. Maximum 1 inch spacer between intake and carb.
6. DISTRIBUTOR: No made for racing or dual point distributors allowed. Stock coils only.
7. CARBURETOR: 1-Holley 4412 with no modifications .stock quadrajet stock ford or dodge 4bbl edelbrock single inlet 4bbl any oem 2bbl.
8. AIR CLEANER: 1-round 14”x4” maximum air filter. Must have solid top, no louvers. No shrouding.
9. FUEL LINE: Must run direct from fuel cell to fuel pump to carburetor. No coiling of fuel of line. No cool cans. Fuel line can run through right side of drivers compartment, must be encased in a 1” outside diameter steel tube.
10. If electric fuel pump is used a mandatory oil pressure shut off switch must be used.
11. All engines will be subject to a $1,800.00 claim by track only. Failure to accept the claim will result in immediate disqualification, loss of all points and suspension of the remaining season from the economy stock class.
1. Automatic or manuel transmissions permitted.
2. Manual transmissions must be cast iron stock oem. Clutch and flywheel must be oem. No racing clutches. No aluminum flywheels. ( Highly recommended blow proof bell housing ) Must have forward and reverse gears at all times. Racing clutch pedal, hydraulic throw out bearing permitted with single master cylinder.
3. Automatic transmissions must run stock unaltered torque converter for make and model. (Highly recommended transmission shield)
4. No trans coolers inside drivers compartment.
WHEELS & TIRES
1. WHEELS - Maximum 8" steel rims. Racing wheel option – 15x8, 4" back spacing only. No adaptors/No spacers. No offsets. Street tires only. 14" 15" 16" No racing radials. Any 70 series or above must not check lower than 4 on depth gauge. All tires must be of matching series. (example R70 X 14) BUT sizes can be mismatched to obtain slight stager. (example R70 x 225 on right, R70 x 205 on left) No aftermarket/specialty/truck tires. Minimum tread wear 400.
2. No tire softeners of any kind.
3. All wheel lugs must be 5/8 with at least 3 threads showing beyond lug nuts.
1. Racing seat and mounting subject to approval by Tech personnel.
2. Fuel cells with steel can are mandatory.
3. Batteries must be securely mounted and covered with non-flammable material, whether in the driver’s compartment or in the trunk area.
4. All lead must be painted white with car number in contrasting color. All lead must be securely fastened. No lead in driver compartment.
5. All cars must have two safety loops around drive shaft.
6. Window nets are mandatory, no homemade or string nets. Must have quick release latch, latching mechanism must be mounted on the top left side of the window. Window net must be welded to the roll bars, not the body.
7. Resilient padding designed for roll bars must be used on any part of the roll cage that can be reached by any extremity of the driver.
8. Snell 2005 or newer helmet mandatory with sticker visible for inspection.
9. Clean, fire retardant driver racing uniform, racing shoes and racing gloves mandatory for fire protection.
10. Approved seat belts: Double shoulder (5-point) harness and lap belt mandatory. Must be mounted to roll cage, no floor mounted belts and must be less than 3 years old.
11. All competing teams must possess a working fire extinguisher.
12. No radios allowed.
13. A shut off switch clearly marked on and off located in reach of driver and track crew is mandatory.
ALL RULES SUBJECT TO INTERPRETATION OF SHADYBOWL SPEEDWAY OFFICIALS
ANY CAR FOUND ILLEGAL BEFORE QUALIFYING WILL NOT QUALIFY. IF FIXED BEFORE FEATURE YOU WILL START THE TAIL OF THE FEATURE. IF FOUND ILLEGAL AFTER FEATURE DRIVER WILL LOSE ALL POINTS AND MONEY FOR THAT NIGHT!!!
These rules are subject to change as conditions warrant without notice to benefit this class. All general guidelines for participants; including Guidelines Disclaimer, Safety, Racing Rules, Conduct, Substance Abuse Policy, Official Decisions, etc.; listed in the 2018 Shadybowl Speedway “Official Rules and Regulations” book apply unless otherwise stated in these rules.
All cars will display a one or two digit number series (0-99) as assigned. No duplicate numbers allowed.
REVISED AUGUST 31, 2017